Friday, August 24, 2007

Why I think men should dress like cowboys

I like my men in suits. Don't blame me. I grew up in the inner city in the 80s. I don't like weird suits, either. I like nice dark suits, maybe with a little pinstripe but nothing too dandified.

However, I am a convert to cowboy style.

Dusty, rough and unique to the American lexicon...it's the cowboy. The Marlboro man. He smells like tobacco and leather. Of course, having grown up in Toronto I have never actually laid eyes let alone smelled a real cowboy. That's ok. My imagination is fertile.

Today I'm am particularly partial to an extremely attractive Welsh man dressed up like a cowboy.

Saliva, saliva, saliva.

Who is it?

Why, it's Christian Bale of course!

Scroll down and tell me, just tell me this isn't the most delicious sight ever.

He's starring in some shoot'em up film called 3:20 to Yuma with talented, telephone throwing bad boy Russell Crowe.

It's cowboy chic.

Eat it up, ladies.

I'm all over it.








I'm going to see if Niall, aka the husband, aka "Herself" aka the ghetto girl's version of Christian Bale, will dress up like this. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mick T. said...

U could always ask him to dress like a Donegal farmer? ;)

Mick

Tully said...

I was curious based on the title... Then I discovered that Mr. Bale had significant influence on the post... *groan*

Thankfully I don't think the cowboy look will take off, regardless of how much swoon-power he has over women. Which is good, because I have a small head and 10 gal. hats don't fit worth a damn.

But how come the bad-ass killer in a black trench coat, white car, and wiping out anyone who felt an emotion didn't take off after Equilibrium? At least then there was nothing that said "Wrangler"! ;)