Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fashion is going in all directions this fall

I'm waiting for a clear directive to materialize. Last year it was straightforward. Out with the pointy stillettos, the tapered silhouette, in with voluminous tops, chunky rounded toe platform heels. At the time, I thought it was very glam. I still do.

But flipping through the September issue of fashion magazines, I'm a bit confused.

I feel like not much has changed. There are lots of grays and blacks (I seem to recall that from last year, too). Same-ish strange new silhouettes.

On that note: bracelet length jackets and coats.

One word: Why?

Actually, they are exceedingly chic, and very flattering. It's a lovely length, especially if you don't have long arms (guilty). However, they are just as impractical as they are fashion-worthy for us folks in cold climates. In other words, everywhere you'd actually wear a bracelet length jacket, your wrists will freeze.

You do have to suffer to look hot. I'm convinced this is fashion karma kicking us for getting away with flats for the last year.

No comments: