Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I'm obsessed with models' lives



Surely I am.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I'm fascinated by these twiglike beings. Natalia Vodianova...know anything about her? Got knocked up really young by some hot Brit aristocrat, had a baby, they got married, Vogue did a lifestyle spread on their utter fabulousness...it's just too much.

Now Vogues' website does a new column called Model Diaries, where supermodels tell the story of how they got superfamous. The Q and As of Natalia Vodianova and Doutzen Kroes (I know--who the hell is that??) are up, and I quite sadly am looking forward to reading more.

On the streetcar home I was deeply engrossed in Vogue's excerpt of Alek Wek's new memoir. That is one interesting lass.

Winona "Sticky Fingers" Ryder is on that cover. She is lovely to look at, and I've always adored the unusual quality of her voice. Remember her in "Heathers." Oh, I would have killed to be Winona Ryder back in ye day. Back when Christian Slater was still cute.

And that was a long time ago.

Update: I just remembered another reason I'd kill to be Wino. In the movie Little Women, she had a major kiss with none other than Christian Bale. Aka CB aka The finest man on earth. Yum.

If you watch the scene where they kiss, you even see a long string of saliva when their mouths separate. And that never even grossed me out, not even after pausing and rewinding many a time. Such is my devotion.

No comments: