Monday, June 18, 2007

The Karl Lagerfeld Diet


Oh Carlo, you so crazy.

Remember what Karl used to look like? Bloated, always fanning himself. Well, he got himself skinny and now he wears Hedi Slimane Dior and weird finger gloves and othy jewelry.

Yesterday I was in Club Monaco waiting for Niall to try something on, I can't remember what, and I picked up Karl's book, which is for sale there and started reading it and it was utterly utterly compelling.

I only read a couple paragraphs but I loved the anecdote about how when he was a young man in Paris and his parents would visit, they stayed at a really fancy-pants hotel and they wouldn't let him visit them there, they didn't want him to think the world was too easy a place and such luxuries came easily, anyhow I digress. It was freezing cold and Karl had no winter coat cause he gave all his away and all he really wanted was this beautiful coat from a certain shop and he would rather freeze rather than wear any other coat. How eccentric.

I think I'll buy the book, even though I don't want to lose like 100 pounds in under a year like he did.
A few pounds would be nice, but that's another story.

No comments: