Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dior's Victoire de Castellane


I'm watching a repeat of CBC show Fashion File right now. It's a bit meta.

The couture jewelry designer for Christian Dior, Victoire de Castellane, is brilliant. Painted gold, rings with delicate petals, tiny intricate details. So exquisite I'm holding my breath watching the images flash on the TV screen. She's very pop-roccoco. Delish.

Fashiontribes has a nice post on her work:
http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/main/2005/10/victoire_de_cas.html

I miss old FF host Tim Blanks. I miss his comforting posher-than-you accent and his smart stay-out-of-the way comments about the runways.

Now on the telly, JP Gaultier is the designer of Hermes? When did this happen? I really have to start reading Women's Wear Daily more often.

No comments: