Monday, July 09, 2007

Is it time for Fall yet?

It's July 9th.

It's hot outside.

I'm so over summer clothes, and I'm into the Fall season.

Yesterday I was at my favourite Canadian department store (Holt Renfrew) looking at all the pretty garments on sale, all flossy, pretty bits with strings and bows and sheerness and all that fluffiness that I adore. But I barely picked up a single sale item for a second look.

(Except for a cute silk Marc Jacobs top I've been eyeing up for months but have nixed because I'm too sweaty to wear silk. The only one left was not my size. But anyhow, I digress.)

I have been gravitating to the fall items. A coat in dark green corduroy. Sweaters.

What's wrong with me?

Oh, and Holt's does carry Free People, where I bought a cardigan with a chinoiserie style frog clasp in Boston. It's a stand-alone store there. It's got cute little cap sleeves, and though I'm not a cap sleeve person, I couldn't pass it up.

No comments: