Monday, July 30, 2007

The Gap, Lululemon

The Gap's been suffering for a long time. Sure, you can go in and get little bits and bobs, the odd pair of pants or a halfway wearable coat, but in terms of really stocking up there...I don't think so. They haven't had a must-have item in ages. Plus, they haven't changed with the times. Plus, the store never has enough merch or people in it...it looks dead. It's got a new CEO, the ex-head of Shoppers Drug Mart, a Canadian drugstore for those of you not familiar with it. Shoppers Drug Mart ain't no super store either, if you ask me...it's just a necessary evil. He doesn't know fashion, is what I'm reading. What's there to know? You dont' have to know fashion, you just need to hire people that no fashion. Like, duh.

Lululemon offered it's IPO, and it's doing quite well. Lululemon is a Canadian success story. Athleisure wear at a just-high-enough-to-be-aspirational price point.

Personally, I've tried to like Lululemon and I just don't. I like Stella McCartney for Adidas.

Stella!!

No comments: