Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The White Dress

I'm looking high and low these days for a white sundress. I was telling a friend of mine that I'm lucky, this season the White Dress is everywhere. Most years if you weren't getting married no way in hell would you even think about buying a white dress unless you were a total show-off skanker or a bride.

So there are lots of white dresses out there, most of them quite simple, some strapless and relatively straight, some country and button-laden, but none are detailed enough for my liking. There's something a bit off with all of them, bad hemline, too skimpy, too see-through.

It's so terrible when you've imagined an item of clothing and you can't find it. The other side of that is when you've imagined an item and you find, only better than what you envisioned. When that happens it's like OMMMMM or some other heavenly sound you'd associate with clouds and cherubs.

I'm looking for layers, a bit of structure, a bit of ruffle (I love ruffle), a soft but thick material. Oh, wherever will I find this dress?

The search continues.

No comments: