Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Feelin hot hot hot

When it's stifling outside, I hardly know what to wear. Luckily, the sundress has prevailed as the must-have item of the early summer season (and no, I haven't found a white one yet).

A local supermarket has launched a cheapie, relatively fashionable clothing label. My cousin Janet and I bought identical sundresses for $12. How the hell can a dress only cost $12? I don't want to think about it. Anyhow, the dress is quite cute. It's a sepia colour with large pink roses, which sounds douche but really it isn't. It's got little buttons on the side, and little vertical seams under the bustline. Luverly.

The day after we bought them, Janet called and told me she thought it was actually a nightgown. It's got kind of a loose fit and stretchy pink spaghetti straps. I retorted that I saw the dress in a fashion spread on sundresses in a shopping mag, so it can't be a nightgown.

Then I discovered it's almost completely see-through. No wonder it's only twelve bucks.

So I'll just wear it around the house I suppose. Problem solved, for the indoors anyway. Now, what to wear outside?

My favourite outdoor neighbourhood footwear is a pair of light blue Crocs that were given to me. Yes they are ugly. Yes my neighbours stare. I don't care. They might be garden clogs, but they are the new Chinese slipper, trust me.

When Chinese slippers were in, women I knew said, You can't wear those outside.

Then the same women started wearing them outside.

Same with the Crocs. Everyone is saying You can't wear those outside of the garden.

Well, just watch me.

No comments: