Monday, May 15, 2006

I hate skinny jeans


The English Rose is quite something, isn’t she? When I visited London In March of 2006 she was still in narrow jeans tucked into boots, a la Sienna Miller -- defiant as to whether or not she possessed Ms. Miller’s whippet-like figure. Or she was in abovesaid skinny jeans with ballerina flats, like Kate Moss. You’ve got to love that kind of attitude. Personally, I hate “skinny” jeans. Convince me that they weren’t created by the devil. First of all, what kind of a depressing name is that? Second: Why would I accentuate the fact that my thighs are bigger than my calves by about threefold? Yes, I admit, it’s a nice look if you can pull it off. Which means weighing in the vicinity of 90 to 100 pounds. I’ll stick to my Citizens of Humanity Ingrid’s and Kelly’s for now -- I need a bit of flare to balance my upper legs.

No comments: