Sunday, May 27, 2007

Miss Selfridge in a few days

Topshop and Miss Selfridge will be all mine for the perusing in a few short days when I go to Ireland. Can't hardly wait. What will the overseas chickadees be sporting? I guess I'll find out. They're so way ahead of the curve in England and Ireland--they're really early adopters. Gotta love it.

On my must-get list:
•Cute flats, was considering Tory Burch but I dunno. Not sure I'm feeling it for the summer. Nice with skinny jeans (yes, I've succumbed) but not so sure if they'll fly with a floaty summery dress
•Light, loose summer dresses
•Bangles or cuffs. Why is it that none in the stores fit me? They're so loose they fall off my wrists.

When I get back, I will search in earnest for:
•The DVF Adelaide dress in green and white with a gingko pattern. Canadian dollar is flying high these days, good time to order from the U.S. and cross my fingers that it doesn't get tagged for duty and taxes. Once in a while that happens. This dress is hotness:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2920974/0~2376780~6009391~6009098~6009101~6009112?P=1


I'm skeptical about:
•Bluefly.com
I bought a pair of Jimmy Choos and a rockin pair of Gwen Stefani-esque Gucci sunglasses, but most of the time, they've got pure dead stock on offer. It's never the stuff you saw at Holt Renfrew 4 months ago, it's the stuff you NEVER saw cause, well, I don't know why to tell you the truth. I guess it's where they're buying it from.

No comments: