Saturday, June 17, 2006

The White Dress Part II

I take back every bad thing I ever said about Topshop.

They sent me a newsletter via email that caught my attention. Lo and behold, the beautiful white dress I was searching for, in a modest wrap style, in eyelet, also known as broderie anglais.

But oh, the difficulty in getting that dress from there to here! They don't deliver outside of the UK, but luckily, the future sister-in-law lives in Northern Ireland (and not for that much longer, she just sold her house).

Had it shipped to her on the double, and she shipped it to me.

Every day I eagerly awaited my postie on the front step (that sounds vaguely sexy, but trust me, it was only in the name of fashion). No luck all week long, then suddenly he whipped out a big package (get your mind out of the gutter).

Inside was the white dress of my dreams. And it fits like a glove.

No comments: